Turning Point USA announced that it would be launching Turning Point Academy, in collaboration with the Dream City Christian School in the Phoenix-area.
The political group made the announcement on Wednesday, and says that the school is the first in a growing network of schools that will launch across the country in the coming years.
“Dream City Christian, a Turning Point Academy, will be focused on raising a generation of well-educated, courageous, patriotic, and principled leaders ready to impact their communities, their country, and the culture at large,” it states.
The first Turning Point Academy school, Dream City Christian, is a traditional, K-12 school that “offering best-in-class curriculum, competitive team sports, and access to extracurricular learning opportunities throughout the school year.”
Excitingly, enrollment is now open and will welcome over 600 students beginning in the fall of 2022.
The statement says that there are over 30 teachers and administrators on staff, “with many more to be added in the coming weeks as part of the launch of Turning Point Academy.”
The statement also lays out specific promises that it says it will adhere to, calling them “bedrock principles.”
Dream City Christian, a Turning Point Academy, is inspired by Proverbs 22:6: “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” In these unprecedented times, Turning Point Academy promises to adhere to the following bedrock principles:
1) To never waver from the truth and to teach self-government and liberty to students.
2) CRT, postmodernism, “Wokeism,” deconstructionism, queer theory, radical LGBT agendas, and anti-American ideas such as the 1619 project will have no place at our institution.
3) Rejecting grade inflation and the erasure of advanced placement and honors studies, we believe students must work hard through challenging environments to develop a strong character and the necessary tools to succeed.
4) We believe in God’s promise that all are created equal. No one will be treated preferably or differently based on the color of their skin or any other immutable characteristics. We believe that character is what defines a human.
5) We will raise a generation of courageous leaders. We believe that the next generation must understand how to be bold and brave enough to protect the weak, to preserve the good, and to forge the future.
6) We will inspire gratitude in a generation that is so often unthankful to live in our country. We will teach our students to be proud citizens and compelled toward action. We will teach honest history that elevates our heroes and speaks openly about our failures.
“Dream City Christian is an amazing collaborator in this project and we’re so grateful to do this together,” says Charlie Kirk, Founder of Turning Point Academy. “They already have an amazing start, including a physical school, a faculty, and much of the groundwork laid. Turning Point Academy, for our part, is uniquely positioned to take the school to the next level. Having been in the educational world for 10 years, we have access to some of the best educational resources, teachers, academics and curriculums this country has to offer. We can bring those to bear as we relaunch Dream City Christian as the first Turning Point Academy, ensuring it is a model for others to follow as we launch additional Turning Point Academies around the country.”
Dream City Christian, a Turning Point Academy, will be the first in a network of private schools the collaboration hopes to launch in the coming years. Turning Point Academy will offer both “a classic, pro-American curriculum as well as a Christian educational programming option, allowing local stakeholders to determine their preferred model based on the needs, wants, and desires of that community.”
“There are so many parents, students, and even educators who have come to me throughout the years, but especially recently, asking us to start Turning Point Academy. The need is overwhelming, and we’re going to work around the clock to make sure there are schools that can meet this moment with excellence and the requisite, timeless values that will make America the shining city on a hill for a whole new generation. That project starts right here in Glendale, Arizona,” he said.