The watchdog group Capital Research Center has revealed that donations from George Soros, through his Open Society Foundations network, have funded various organizations, particularly the San Francisco-based Tides Foundation. The Tides Foundation received over $22 million and subsequently contributed millions to liberal groups organizing pro-Palestinian protests:
- $650,000 to Jewish Voice for Peace
- $710,000 to Adalah Justice Project, a pro-Palestinian group
- $86,000 to IfNotNow
- $38,000 to the progressive Center for Constitutional Rights
- $600,000 to the Mass Liberation Project, which aims to “end mass incarceration and abolish the criminal legal system”
- $132,000 to the WESPAC Foundation, associated with Students for Justice in Palestine
The Mass Liberation Project’s Arizona chapter, directly linked to Tides Foundation, accused the U.S. government of “ethnic cleansing of Palestinian people” and expressed support for Hamas as a “legitimate political actor.” The organization rejects the notion that criticism of Israel is anti-Semitism and refuses to be silenced by anti-BDS clauses.
Jewish Voice for Peace and IfNotNow, both recipients of Soros-funded donations, held a protest inside the U.S. Capitol rotunda on October 19, resulting in about 300 arrests.
The Open Society Foundations condemned Hamas and expressed support for a future respecting the rights and freedoms of all. The Tides Foundation did not respond to requests for comment on the matter.