President Trump hasn’t reported any COVID-19 symptoms and had a “restful” return to the White House, according to his physician Dr. Sean Conley.
In a memo to Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, Conley wrote the following:
“This morning the President’s team of physicians met with him in the Residence. He had a restful first night at home, and today he reports no symptoms. Vital signs and physical exam remain stable, with an ambulatory oxygen saturation level of 95-97%. Overall he continues to do extremely well. I will provide updates as we know more.”
Earlier today, President Trump tweeted that he was “FEELING GREAT.”
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 6, 2020
This great news comes after the full-blown media freakout after a healthy-looking President took off his mask and stood alone on the White House balcony upon his return from Walter Reed Medical Center yesterday evening.
In fact, things got very dramatic on CNN this morning when New Day co-host John Berman demanded producers stop playing the video of Trump on the balcony because it would “kill people.”
According to Newsbusters, Berman said, “This morning, the fact is, denial won’t help you. Makeup won’t help you. And based on what we’ve just heard and seen, the president won’t help you. Now, masks will help you. But the president made a grand, theatrical gesture of whipping his off in a Sunset Boulevard return to the White House.”
When the show played the clip again, Berman told producers, “Take it off! Please, don’t even put it on the screen! Please take it off! Because that’s going to kill people!”
CNN’s John Berman orders his producer to not play the video of President Trump taking off his mask at the White House last night because “that’s gonna kill people.”
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) October 6, 2020
For the full report on the President’s health, click HERE.
EPIC: Trump Fans Take Over NYC’s Fifth Ave in Show of Support for POTUS
Over 100 vehicles rolled into Manhattan yesterday morning, halting traffic for at least 30 minutes as they drove by Trump Tower
Over 100 vehicles rolled into Manhattan yesterday morning, halting traffic for at least 30 minutes as they drove by Trump Tower in a show of support for President Donald Trump as he recovers from the coronavirus.
The drivers blasted their horns and waved flags while chanting “four more years!”
The group also stopped for a moment of silence to pray for the president, who was diagnosed with COVID-19 last week.
— Danielle D'Souza Gill (@danielledsouzag) October 4, 2020
According to the New York Post, members of the group, “The Long Island Loud Majority” woke up around 4 a.m. yesterday to head to the city:
“I felt the love and energy today,” the 28-year-old Trump supporter from Farmingdale told The Post of the “prayer vigil” for POTUS and FLOTUS.
“Today the energy was electric. It was amazing — no chaos, no [middle] fingers, no drama, just supporting our president and our [men and women in] blue,” she said.
Hahnan said being at Trump Tower felt “sentimental” because “we were praying for him.”
“I’m praying for every single person in this world … including President Trump, the first lady and the whole administration,” she said.
“I pray that my country comes together because we are divided right now. We should be standing together praying for our president and our first lady. He is still a human being. He is 74 years old,” she said, noting how his age put him in the high-risk group for the disease.
Supporters have also been gathering outside of Walter Reed Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, where President Trump is currently recovering from his diagnosis. The president has sent those supporters chocolates, pizza, and even did a drive-by yesterday to thank them for their support.
White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said the president’s health continued to improve overnight and that he is “optimistic” President Trump will return to the White House later today.
“Spoke to the president this morning,” Meadows said. “He continued to improve overnight and is ready to get back to a normal working schedule.”
Bye-Bye Biker: Cyclist Quinn Simmons suspended for pro-Trump Tweets
“Divisive, incendiary, and detrimental”
An up-and-coming American cyclist has been suspended from his racing team for supporting President Trump on Twitter.
Quinn Simmons, 19, was temporarily taken off the team by the Trek-Segafredo team after getting involved in an online exchange with a Dutch journalist Wednesday.
Simmons, who joined the World Tour team this year after winning the junior road world championship last year, responded to an anti-Trump tweet by cycling journalist Jose Been:
“My dear American friends, I hope this horrible presidency ends for you,” Been posted. “And for us as (former?) allies too. If you follow me and support Trump, you can go. There is zero excuse to follow or vote for the vile, horrible man.”
Simmons fired back.
The cyclist tweeted “Bye” with an emoji of a dark-skinned waving hand, according to ABC News, via the New York Post.
When another user replied, “Apparently a Trumper,” Simmons tweeted back in support of the president.
The team announced Wednesday via Twitter that it had suspended Simmons.
“Trek-Segafredo is an organization that values inclusivity and supports more diverse and equitable sports for all athletes. While we support the right to free speech, we will hold people accountable for their words and actions. Regrettably, team rider Quinn Simmons made statements online that we feel are divisive, incendiary, and detrimental to the team, professional cycling, its fans and the positive future we hope to help create for the sport. In response, he will not be racing for Trek-Segafredo until further notice.”
Statement from Trek-Segafredo and Quinn Simmons. pic.twitter.com/WvtK9htYWN
— Trek-Segafredo (@TrekSegafredo) October 1, 2020
But, this move by the team doesn’t seem like supporting the right to free speech…merely the opposite.
Been deleted his original post and said he felt “horrible about the situation and terrible for @QuinnSimmons9 to miss his beloved classics.”
“To suspend him would never be my choice,” Been added, according to the New York Post.
Been’s account has since been deleted.