President Biden finally broke his silence on the growing scandals surrounding New York Governor Andrew Cuomo.
As he returned to the White House yesterday after spending the weekend at his home in Delaware, Biden was asked by a pool reporter if Cuomo should resign.
“I think the investigation is underway and we should see what it brings us.”
From pool report:
REPORTER: 'Do you think Gov. Andrew Cuomo should resign?'
POTUS: 'I think the investigation is underway and we should see what it brings us.'
Cuomo will likely be happy with Biden position. Buys time.
— Byron York (@ByronYork) March 14, 2021
Both Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris refused for weeks to publicly weigh in on the scandals as a growing number of women accused the governor of sexual harassment.
The White House repeatedly defended their silence by insisting that the president and vice president believe “every woman who has come forward deserves to have her voice heard” and “be treated with respect.”
On Friday, Sens. Kristen Gillibrand and Chuck Schumer joined the chorus of New York Congressional Democrats calling for Cuomo’s resignation.
Cuomo still refuses to resign and implied he is a victim of “cancel culture.”
In a conference call with reporters on Friday, Cuomo said, “There are facts and then there are opinions. And I’ve always separated the two. Politicians who don’t know a single fact, but yet form a conclusion and an opinion, are in my opinion reckless and dangerous.”
“The people of New York should not have confidence in a politician who takes a position without knowing any facts or substance. That, my friends, is politics at its worst. People know the difference between playing politics, bowing to cancel culture, and the truth,” he said.
Despite having served three terms as governor and marrying a Kennedy, Cuomo claimed he was not “part of the political club” and he’s “proud of it.”
“My entire life I have been under public scrutiny, since I was 23 years old and ran my father’s campaign. New Yorkers know me. Wait for the facts,” he said.
Former Aide to Gov. Cuomo Said He Was ‘Propositioning’ Her For ‘Sex’
In a one-on-one meeting in his Albany office last year, former aide Charlotte Bennett said that Gov. Cuomo was “trying to sleep with me.” 25 year old Bennett added “he implied to me that I was old enough for him and he was lonely.”
In an interview with Norah O’Donnell on CBS evening news Thursday night, Bennett described how 63 year old Cuomo asked her probing questions about her sex life when they were alone together on June 5.
“I thought, he’s trying to sleep with me. The governor’s trying to sleep with me and I’m deeply uncomfortable and I have to get out of this room as soon as possible,” Bennett said.
“What made you think he was trying to sleep with you?” O’Donnell asked.
“Without explicitly saying it, he — he implied to me that I was old enough for him and he was lonely,” Bennett said.
A second portion of the interview is set to air Friday on “CBS This Morning,” and O’Donnell previewed some of that during an appearance on the local CBS-2 News at 5.
O’Donnell said that Bennett “says Gov. Cuomo is, in her words, a textbook abuser” and “even uses words like that she was groomed for this relationship.”
Gov. Cuomo is already under investigation over his administration’s misreporting of coronavirus deaths in nursing homes. A Cuomo aide admitted that the state stopped counting nursing home deaths so that the federal government could not use the data “against us.”
Report: Cuomo Admin Being Investigated by U.S. Attorney, FBI Over COVID-19 Response
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is reportedly being investigated by the US Attorney’s office in Brooklyn and the FBI over his coronavirus task force’s response to the pandemic.
According to the Albany Times Union, the investigation by the U.S. attorney’s office is in its early stages and focuses on the work of “some of the senior members of the governor’s task force.”
The Times Union reports:
Nearly three weeks after the governor’s task force was announced last year, the state health department issued an order directing nursing homes and other long-term care facilities that they must accept residents who were being discharged from hospitals even if they were still testing positive for the infectious disease, as long as they were able to care for them properly.
That directive, which was rescinded less than two months later, has been the focus of a firestorm of criticism directed at Cuomo’s administration, including allegations that the order — which the governor said was based on federal guidance — had contributed to the high number of fatalities of nursing home residents in New York. That assertion was largely dismissed in a report by the Department of Health that was released in July.
In January, New York Attorney General Letitia James issued a report which concluded the Cuomo Administration delayed reporting that thousands of nursing home patients died after getting infected at their facilities and that New York’s nursing home policy may have increased COVID infections.
Last night, CNN issued a statement that it’s host Chris Cuomo, who is the brother of the governor, will no longer be covering the administration after offering the New York leader fawning coverage of his COVID-19 response for months after the pandemic began.
For the full report, click HERE.