VICTORY: Family Restaurant Found Not Guilty for Reopening in Defiance of Governor’s Order

A Taste of Sicily in Lebanon County, PA reopened its doors in May after having been closed for two months

VICTORY: Family Restaurant Found Not Guilty for Reopening in Defiance of Governor’s Order

A Taste of Sicily in Lebanon County, PA reopened its doors in May after having been closed for two months


A Pennsylvania restaurant has been found not guilty of violating the governor’s restrictions after reopening in the midst of the state’s COVID shutdown.

A Taste of Sicily in Lebanon County, PA reopened its doors in May after having been closed for two months. The restaurant owners, siblings Michael Mangano and Christine Wartluft left it up to customers whether they wanted to socially distance or wear a mask.

The restaurant was hit with nearly $10,000 in state citations for reopening and fought against Democrat Governor Tom Wolf’s COVID-19 restrictions for months.

The Daily Caller reports:

Wolf had fixated his attention on Lebanon County and the Republican leadership supporting small businesses like Taste of Sicily that defied state orders. Wolf decided to withhold $13 million in funding from the county on July 17, leaving it as the only county in the state to have been cut off from the $625 million package of coronavirus relief funds. Wolf blamed the Republican-controlled Board of Commissioners, according to WPXI.

“The mask mandate, the plexiglass, the social distancing, all of those things that the governor and [Secretary of Health Rachel] Levine were implementing are not an enforceable citation,” Mangano tells the Caller. “In other words, they can’t legally enforce that. This says that any fine that you get from the state is legally non-enforceable.”

Mangano has a message for other business owners who are facing government citations in the midst of the coronavirus: “When you get these fines from these agents do not pay them. Plead not guilty, and take them to court,” he said. “As you can see, we won because they had no legal right to fine us for those mandates and guidelines the governor and Levine implemented.”

“You have to stick together and go to court.”

175 Doctors Send Letters to Debate Commission, Say in-Person Trump-Biden Debate Should Go On

Docs feel it would be safe for Trump to debate Biden in person this Thursday as originally scheduled


At least 175 physicians have sent letters to the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) saying they feel it would be safe for President Trump to debate Vice President Joe Biden in person this Thursday as originally scheduled.

Last week, the commission announced it would cancel the event after their surprise announcement that they would hold a virtual debate due to President Trump’s COVID-19 diagnosis was rightfully met with criticism from the Trump campaign and Republicans. In a press release, the CPD said, “It is now apparent there will be no debate on October 15, and the CPD will turn its attention to preparations for the final presidential debate scheduled for October 22.”

The New York Post has learned that doctors from across the country have written the debate commission who explain that an in-person debate can and should be held safely this week.

“I am a family medicine physician who has treated many COVID patients, both in hospital and in the outpatient setting. I am requesting that the Commission reverse its decision and hold an in-person debate,” wrote Dr. Joseph T. Dougherty, of Pittsburgh.

“Based on science, data, and epidemiology, the debate can, and should, be held safely in person and it is essential to do so,” he wrote.

Another physician, Dr. Jacqueline Koski, wrote, “I am a board-certified family medicine physician and additionally hold a Masters in Public Health. Regarding the upcoming presidential debate, according to the current scientific knowledge regarding Covid transmission, there should be no concern whatsoever about holding a debate with proper precautions in place.”

The NY Post reports:

Many of the doctors cited guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which states that a person infected with COVID-19 can safely be around other people 10 days after their symptoms first appeared.

…Dr. Sean Conley, the physician to the president, cleared Trump to return to public engagements on Saturday after completing treatment for COVID-19 and Trump has already scheduled a White House event on Saturday and a Florida rally on Monday.

A WHOPPING 56% of Americans Say They are Better off Today (Mid-Pandemic) than Under Obama-Biden

Gallup's most recent survey found a majority of voters said they are better off now than they were four years ago, while 32% said they are worse off


A recent Gallup survey found that a whopping 56 percent of Americans say they are better off now under President Trump–in the middle of a pandemic–than they were four years ago when President Obama was in office.

Gallup writes:

During his presidential campaign in 1980, Ronald Reagan asked Americans, “Are you better off today than you were four years ago?” Since then, this question has served as a key standard that sitting presidents running for reelection have been held to.

Gallup’s most recent survey found a clear majority of registered voters (56%) saying they are better off now than they were four years ago, while 32% said they are worse off.

Gallup compared the 56 percent number to 2012, during the Obama-Biden Administration when just 45 percent of Americans could say they felt they were better off. In 2004, 47 percent of Americans said they were better off and in 1992, that number was at 38 percent.

President Trump responded to the news, writing on Twitter, “The Gallup Poll has just come out with the incredible finding that 56% of you say that you are better off today, during a pandemic, than you were four years ago (Biden). The highest number on record! Pretty amazing!”


Join the Newsletter