Jeep to “Pause” Commercial Featuring Bruce Springsteen After DWI Arrest

Jeep to “Pause” Commercial Featuring Bruce Springsteen After DWI Arrest


Jeep has paused its ad campaign featuring singer Bruce Springsteen after it was revealed he was arrested for a DWI in November.

Jeep told CNBC in a statement, “It would be inappropriate for us to comment on the details of a matter we have only read about and we cannot substantiate. But it’s also right that we pause our Big Game commercial until the actual facts can be established. Its message of community and unity is as relevant as ever. As is the message that drinking and driving can never be condoned.”

The two-minute commercial titled “The Middle,” aired during the Super Bowl and called for unity in the United States.

Many have pointed out that Springsteen’s call for unity is in stark contrast to his recent statements and sentiments towards former president Donald Trump.

FoxNews.com writes:

Prior to Halloween in October, the musician presented another spoken-word poem on his “From My Home to Yours” radio show that he shared on Twitter. In it, he called for an “exorcism” in the capital, referencing the need to remove Trump and those who support him from office.

“It is time for an exorcism in our nation’s capital,” he begins. “Welcome to our Halloween/Election Day monster mash. This is Vol. 14 of ‘From My Home to Yours’ titled ‘Farewell to the Thief.’ In just a few days, we’ll be throwing the bums out. I thought it was a f—ing nightmare but it was so true.”

Springsteen’s arrest, which occurred in Sandy Hook, NJ, was confirmed by authorities yesterday and he faces charges including “DWI, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area,” according to a statement from a Gateway National Recreation Area public affairs officer.

Authorities stated the singer was “cooperative” throughout the process.

Mark Cuban Says It Was His Decision To Stop Playing National Anthem Before Mavericks Home Games


Mark Cuban, the owner of the Dallas Mavericks said that it was his decision to no longer play the national anthem before home games at American Airlines Center.

They have not played the National Anthem this season and do not plan on playing it going forward.

Fox News reports:

The Mavericks, who have an 11-14 record, have played 12 games at their home arena this season. They haven’t played the national anthem in any of their 13 preseason games, as well as those 12 regular-season matchups, including Monday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves, which was the first game with a small number of fans in the stands.

Cuban and the Mavericks didn’t publicize the removal of the national anthem prior to games, but The Athletic reached out to the team after realizing that it wasn’t played before Monday’s matchup. A number of team employees only noticed the removal of the anthem on their own, according to The Athletic. They also said that it was not announced or explained internally.

According to the Athletic, Cuban and the Mavericks organization declined to comment.

UPDATE:

NBA Chief Communications Officer Mike Bass issued the following statement regarding playing the National Anthem: “With NBA teams now in the process of welcoming fans back into their arenas, all teams will play the national anthem in keeping with longstanding league policy.”

Could it be the NBA understands what it means to “get woke, go broke”?

Senate Unlikely to Convict Trump And Most Voters Won't Watch The Trial


What most consider an unconstitutional process, the impeachment trial of no longer sitting President Donald Trump, began this week.

Although the House voted last month to impeach President Trump on charges that he incited his supporters to riot at the Capitol on January 6, 45 out of 50 Republican Senators voted against proceeding with the impeachment trial. The Constitution requires a two-thirds vote in the Senate for conviction so with that many senators voting against it, some say this is a waste of taxpayer money.

Rasmussen reports:

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that only 11% of Likely U.S. Voters think it is very likely the Senate will convict Trump of “high crimes and misdemeanors.” Another 20% say conviction is somewhat likely. Twenty-eight percent (28%) think it’s not very likely the Senate will convict Trump and 36% say conviction is not likely at all. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Only 15% of voters say they’ll watch the entire Senate impeachment trial on TV, and 21% expect to watch most of it. Thirty percent (30%) say they’ll watch some of Trump’s trial, but 32% won’t watch any of it.

The survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters was conducted on February 4 and 7, 2021 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

Even though Democrats are more likely to believe President Trump will be convicted in the senate, only 14% actually think it will happen.

Click here for the full story.


Join the Newsletter