Female Volleyball Players In Vermont Banned From H.S. Locker Room Over Objections to Trans Student

Female Volleyball Players In Vermont Banned From H.S. Locker Room Over Objections to Trans Student

Female volleyball players at a high school in Vermont have been barred from using the girls’ locker room after they reportedly objected to a transgender student being allowed to change there.

Officials banned members of the Randolph Union High School team from using the locker room while they conduct an investigation after some teammates complained about a biological male changing alongside them, according to WCAX-TV.

The report said that a female student told the local outlet the problem began after the trans student allegedly made an inappropriate remark as the volleyball team was in the process of changing in the locker room, which then triggered an incident of some sort.

The local outlet went on to report that Randolph High officials sent an email to parents informing them of the probe to determine if the trans student was harassed.

“My mom wants me to do this interview to try to make a change,” female volleyball player Blake Allen told WCAX-TV. “I feel like for stating my opinion — that I don’t want a biological man changing with me — that I should not have harassment charges or bullying charges. They should all be dropped.”

Fox News noted further:

Allen added that when students have gone to the school about their concerns, they have been told that state law allows for transgender students to change in the locker room based on their gender identity. 

Officials reportedly told parents that the school provides “plenty of space where students who feel uncomfortable with the laws may change in privacy.”

“They want all the girls who feel uncomfortable — so pretty much 10 girls — to get changed in a single-stall bathroom, which would take over 30 minutes. Where if one person got changed separately, it would take a minute, like no extra time,” Allen told WCAX-TV.

According to Fox News, Vermont Agency of Education policy states that the “use of restrooms and locker rooms by transgender students requires schools to consider numerous factors” while adding that a “transgender student should not be required to use a locker room or restroom that conflicts with the student’s gender identity.”

Needless to say, the Democrats who run Vermont made no effort whatsoever to accommodate the vast majority of junior high and high school girls who patently object to being forced into a situation with a biological male that they don’t want to encounter. But that’s the way it is in every Democrat-run state; accommodations for 0.04 percent of the student body, without any consideration for the other 99.96 percent.

It’s hard to imagine what it will take for these blue states to shift their political and cultural attitudes away from the woke Democratic left, but policies like the one in Vermont affecting the next generation of voters are likely to help.


Join the Newsletter